Visit farm stands in California's Central Valley, check out the expanded collection at Las Vegas' Mob Museum, or gain free admission to ten attractions in Portland.
- Snap a photo and pull up related facts, area attractions, and nearby dining choices with the free app Phind. itunes.apple.com.
- The San Joaquin County Farm Guide and Map highlights fruit and farm stands throughout California’s Central Valley, and details when produce is in season. visitstockton.org.
- New trails from Jack London State Historic Park in Glen Ellen, Calif., include the East Slope Sonoma Mountain Ridge Trail, a 1.2-mile ramble through woods and grassland. jacklondonpark.com.
- In Las Vegas, the Mob Museum’s newly expanded collection shows off a tracksuit worn by “Paulie Walnuts” on The Sopranos and Steve Buscemi’s ensemble from Boardwalk Empire, complete with bullet hole. themobmuseum.org.
- The new family-friendly Makapu‘u Lighthouse Hike is a guided, two-mile excursion on foot that boasts stunning coastal views and, if you’re lucky, whale sightings. bikehawaii.com.
- This year, gain free admission to 10 attractions in the Portland area—including the Oregon Zoo—with membership in any one.
- Following a $10 million renovation, downtown’s Hotel Vintage Portland features guest rooms dedicated to Oregon wineries and vineyards. vintageplaza.com.
- Opening May 23 at the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport, Ore., the exhibit Secrets of Shipwrecks displays artifacts as well as marine life. aquarium.org
This article was first published in Summer 2015. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.