Taste chocolate in San Francisco, stay at an Aboriginal arts and culture hotel in Vancouver, or tour top breweries in Anchorage.
- Grand Bazaar Shops, a two-acre open-air market with 100-plus stores, launches this month on the Strip in Las Vegas. grandbazaarshops.com.
- Learn about chocolate-making during daily live demonstrations and tastings through the Ghirardelli Chocolatier Program in the Fisherman’s Wharf area of San Francisco. ghirardelli.com.
- Find views of trails in 14 California state parks and beaches, including Samuel P. Taylor, with more to come this year. google.com/maps/views/streetview/california-state-parks.
- Pick up souvenirs and Hawaiian fare at the Polynesian Cultural Center’s new Hukilau Marketplace, a retail center on Oahu. hukilaumarketplace.com.
- This spring, four new purveyors join Koi Fusion (above) and Pok Pok in the food cart pod at Portland International Airport. pdx.com.
- Attend an artist’s workshop or join a traditional sweat lodge as a guest at the Vancouver, B.C., Skwachàys Lodge, Canada’s first Aboriginal arts and culture hotel. skwachays.com.
- Soar past Douglas firs and navigate treetop suspension bridges on the Pumpkin Ridge Zip Tour about 40 minutes outside Portland. 10 percent AAA discount. pumpkinridgeziptour.com.
- Sample a dozen beers at three top breweries with round-trip transportation from Anchorage’s Big Swig Tours. bigswigtours.com.
- The book Fly Fishing Montana provides tips, maps, and a hatch chart for anglers in the state’s waterways. Available Apr. 1. $20. amazon.com.
- White Pine Ski Resort in Pinedale, Wyo., now celebrating its 75th year, offers Ski Wyoming, giving season-pass holders at any state ski resort 50 percent off a White Pine all-day lift ticket. whitepineski.com/partnerships.php.
This article was first published in Spring 2015. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.