Go snow tubing in Mt. Shasta, Calif., watch Nascar champions do Las Vegas, and visit Peru at the Seattle Art Museum.
- Grab tubes and go head-to-head with a pal down a 300-foot, two-lane snow run at Mt. Shasta Ski Park’s Tubing Hill in Mt. Shasta, Calif. skipark.com.
- Visitors explore 19th-century forensic science, crack cases, and even call on a re-creation of 221B Baker Street at OMSI’s International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes in Portland through Jan. 5. $1 discount for AAA members. sherlockholmesexhibition.com.
- Oahu’s Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor now houses Swamp Ghost, a Boeing B-17E Flying Fortress that crashed during World War II. pacificaviationmuseum.org.
- Pay no baggage fee when you check a case of Oregon wine on Alaska Airlines at Portland, Eugene, and three other airports through Nov. 20. Find details at oregonwine.org.
- The exhibit 50 Years of Park City Skiing celebrates Utah’s Park City Mountain Resort with oral histories, artifacts, and games. At the Park City Museum. parkcityhistory.org.
- Peru: Kingdoms of the Sun and the Moon at the Seattle Art Museum shows rarely seen works, from 20th-century folk art to mochica ornaments. seattleartmuseum.org.
- Head to the Vegas Strip during Nascar Champion’s Week, Dec. 3–6, to see top drivers peel out, do doughnuts, and run lightning-fast pit stops.
- Lisa Kokin’s installation at the Boise Art Museum turns book covers and pages into sculptures modeled on living trees. Oct. 5–Apr. 27. $1 AAA discount. boiseartmuseum.org.
This article was first published in November 2013. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.