The Golden Gate Bridge charges drivers through FasTrak devices or by snapping pictures of their plates.
- View sculptures by Michael Cooper at the relocated Museum of Craft and Design in San Francisco, with more exhibit space and a public workshop. sfmcd.org.
- Lonely Planet’s 400-page paperback California’s Best Trips suggests 35 fun tours. amazon.com.
- Golden Gate Bridge tollbooths no longer accept cash from drivers entering San Francisco, charging them instead through FasTrak devices or by snapping pictures of their plates. Learn more at goldengate.org/tolls.
- At the Utah Museum of Fine Arts in Salt Lake City, Bierstadt to Warhol: American Indians in the West displays 100 artworks depicting Native peoples in settings from real to romantic. Through Aug. 11. $2 AAA discount. umfa.utah.edu.
- The Bend Action Sports Exhibit in Bend, Ore., probes the area’s role as an outdoor hub. It also serves beer. basebend.com.
- The refurbished RiverPlace Hotel in Portland features chandeliers, drapes, and carpets influenced by the region’s natural and historic roots. From $180 with AAA discount. riverplacehotel.com.
- Campers wishing to reserve spots in Oregon state parks can now receive email alerts on sites available for booking at up to five campgrounds. oregonstateparks.org.
- Plunge six stories in four seconds on Roaring Springs Waterpark’s new not-for-the faint-of-heart Cliffhanger slide in Boise. $4 AAA discount. roaringsprings.com.
- Tune in to Guitar: The Instrument That Rocked the World in Idaho Falls at the Museum of Idaho June 14– Nov. 30. $1 AAA discount. museumofidaho.org.
Photography by Zarivny
This article was first published in May 2013. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.