What's New in the West: May 2012
Highlights include a Lane County, Ore., dining guide, a website that analyzes dining reviews, and boat or snorkeling tours with Blue Sea Cruises, Inc. in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
- The free, 44-page Eugene, Cascades & Coast Dining Guide makes it easy to find details on 135 eating and drinking destinations throughout Lane County, Ore. (800) 547-5445.
- Therapik, a battery-powered, handheld device, eases discomfort caused by the bites and stings of mosquitoes, wasps, jellyfish, and other pests. $13. therapik.com.
- The website dishtip.com analyzes millions of online dining reviews to help users decide what and where to eat nationwide. You can search by location, dish, or ingredients.
- Get the updated Movie Tours: Portland Oregon app for GPS coordinates, photos, and insider info on film locales in the region, including some for The Goonies and Twilight. $3. itunes.apple.com.
- See manta rays two ways—through an illuminated glass-bottom boat or while snorkeling above them—with Blue Sea Cruises, Inc. in Kailua-Kona on Hawaii. blueseacruisesinc.com.
- The smartphone-friendly website visitIdaho.org lists lodgings, attractions, and activities for local and out-of-state Idaho travelers.
This article was first published in May 2012. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.