- Embark on a wild culinary adventure with the Food Lover’s Guide to the World from Lonely Planet, 320 pages of color photos, recipes, and details on the cultures behind global cuisines. amazon.com.
- Eat out worldwide without worries by consulting Gluten Free/Allergy Free Passport—apps, books, and a website for people with food sensitivities. glutenfreepassport.com.
- Be a smart traveler by booking flights Tuesday at noon, Pacific time. That’s when most airlines release their best deals on fares.
- The Idaho State Parks Passport admits you to all 30 parks for a year, with discounts on camping. $10 for Idahoans, $40 for all others. parksandrecreation.idaho.gov.
- Avenza’s Canadian PDF Maps app makes it easy to navigate in the Great White North— including Whistler ski area. $1–$9. avenza.com/pdf-maps.
- A Hundred Years Later: Julius Seyler Among the Blackfeet commemorates the impressionist’s visit to Glacier National Park. At Missoula’s Montana Museum of Art & Culture until Aug. 3. umt.edu/montanamuseum.
- Opening in June near Laramie, Wyo., the Curt Gowdy State Park visitor center highlights the Wyoming native and famed sportscaster. wyoparks.org.
This article was first published in March 2013. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.