Highlights include a new aquarium in Boise, Idaho, a Napoléon exhibit at Montana's Museum of the Rockies, and a monthly art walk in Cheyenne, Wyo.
- Get up close and personal with a hammerhead shark, jellyfish, and many other ocean denizens at the newly opened Idaho Aquarium in Boise. idahoaquarium.net .
- Hawaiian Airlines’ mobile site Hawaii Here provides the local scoop on where to eat, drink, and play in the islands. hawaiihere.com .
- Artist Lynda Lanker’s show Tough by Nature: Portraits of Cowgirls and Ranch Women of the American West hangs at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art in Eugene, Ore., through Sept. 9. jsma.uoregon.edu .
- Find and book gym time, spa sessions, and fitness classes while traveling with the online search and reservation system. tourdefit.com .
- Treasures of Napoléon explores the life of the famous French emperor using paintings, prints, and personal items. At the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, Mont., through Oct. 7. museumoftherockies.org .
- Cozy up at the 22-room Inn at the Presidio, the only hotel in San Francisco’s scenic army-base-turned-national-park. From $195. innatthepresidio.com .
- Ride a narrow-gauge train and pan for real gold with Gold Dredge No. 8, a two-hour tour departing from Fairbanks, Alaska, through September. golddredge8.com .
- With Blue Sea Cruises in Kailua-Kona on Hawaii you can see manta rays while gliding in a glass-bottom boat or snorkeling above them. blueseacruisesinc.com .
- Peruse galleries and mingle with artists at Art Design & Dine, a monthly evening art walk in Cheyenne, Wyo. artdesigndine.org .
- The website dishtip.com analyzes millions of online dining reviews to help users decide what and where to eat nationwide. Search by location, dish, or ingredients.
This article was first published in July 2012. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.