Road Journals Blog— As Leslie Forberg toured the Pacific Northwest in search of unique and delectable apple cider for an article that ran in the March/April Oregon edition  of VIA, she ended up making many discoveries that had nothing to do with cider ... and a few that did.
- In search of the perfect cider : Proper cider must be made correctly.
- Fort Worden’s past, present equally alluring : The old fort on Washington's Olympic Peninsula has much to offer, both historically and for those seeking recreation by the sea.
- The speed of slow in Cowichan Bay : Fast just doesn't cut it here, especially when it comes to cuisine.
- Rafting on the Yakima perfect for a lazy summer day : Summertime in Oregon calls out for the occasional meandering, lazy float.
- Mission Mill Museum in Salem a textile-based trip through the past : A reminder of when Oregon was known for its textiles.
This blog post was first published in January 2011. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.