Road Journals Blog—One might think there's not much to see in a small coastal Oregon town like Gearhart. Writer Amara Holstein tells us otherwise, and photographer Don Frank shows us, in splendid detail.
- Sometimes a grocery store can explain a town : What one can learn from the local produce purveyor.
- The hidden charms of the ridge path : Stroll between houses, down to the sea.
- Barn tales continue to be told : How an old barn can become a community centerpiece.
- History by the sea : Passing through time on the Oregon coast.
- Digging for razor clams a Northwest pastime : Where to find this delectable crustacean, and how to catch it.
- Photo essay : Photographer Don Frank brings you spectacular images, in vibrant color.
This blog post was first published in January 2011. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.