Casper, Wyo., is in the heart of cowboy country and wears it with pride. From cowboy shops to down-home diners, writer Dina Mishev shows us there's much to love about the place.
- Catching on to Casper, Wyo. : The magazine story from which these blog posts hatched.
- Public art in abundance : Casper is a land of many statues—Western-themed and otherwise—that dot the downtown landscape .
- Judging a town by its coffee : Our writer has high standards when it comes to caffeinating in new places, and Casper wows her in every regard.
- In search of the perfect cinnamon roll : To be fair, she might not have been searching for it so much as she just stumbled upon it.
- Downtown beckons : It takes a special place to draw outdoor crowds in freezing weather—especially with a climate-controled mall just down the road.
- The wonders of the Nicolaysen : Casper has cowboys, sure, but it also has world-class art.
This blog post was first published in January 2011. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.