Make sure your child's car seat meets safety standards, save money on car rentals, and snag a discount on Coach glasses frames.
- This year, a new federal regulation takes the guesswork out of weight limits for children’s car safety seats. If the combined weight of the child and seat exceeds 65 pounds, you’ll need to use the vehicle’s seat-belt—not its lower anchor attachments—to secure the safety seat. Continue to follow the owner’s manual directions for top tether use. To ensure that your seat is properly installed, visit AAA.com/carseats  to schedule a free inspection.
- Treat your inner fashionista to a pair of Coach frames (from $138) at LensCrafters. AAA members save 30 percent on complete frame-and-lens pairs.
- With guaranteed interest rates and tax-deferred growth, AAA Life Annuities let you save now and pay taxes later, providing a secure retirement income for you and your family. To learn more, stop by a AAA branch and speak to a AAA Life Insurance specialist.
- Keep your tires properly inflated to reduce damage caused by potholes and other springtime hazards.
- Sign up for Hertz Gold Plus Rewards and earn enough points for one free rental day after your first Gold Plus Rewards rental.
This article was first published in March 2014. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.