Featured Journey: Pacific Flyway
Because flying is for the birds, writer Craig Neff drove across the country in pursuit of migratory avians. You can read about his discoveries in the Pacific Flyway cover story he wrote for the September/October 2011 issue of VIA. Or you can head straight to the assortment of thoughts his trip inspired, which he blogs about in the links below.
- An outdoor connection: What it is that draws us outside, and keeps us there.
- Mexican food for thought: Reclaimed buildings make for some of the best restaurants.
- For the consideration of birds: Sometimes even the plainest birds can inspire the greatest contemplation.
- The allure of national parks: What makes for a great national park? It's a subjective question, but this writer has answers.
- Embracing sights unseen (and unplanned for): Travels don't always go as planned, even in the most tightly wound itineraries. The trick: Embrace the unexpected.
- Animal adventures around the planet: Do people really have magnetism when it comes to attracting animal friends? Maybe. Maybe not.
This blog post was first published in January 2011. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.