Featured Journey: Farm stays
Road Journals Blog—Writer Michelle Nowak explains the Italian concept of agritourismo, or vacationing on a working farm, and how it translates into American culture. Also: She likes figs.
- Farmstays, an introduction: What they are, why they're appealilng, and how you can find them.
- Translating from Italian ‘agriturismo’: We owe more to Italy than fast cars and olive oil.
- Hoppy travels: "Hop farm" is not necessarily the first thing that comes to mind when considering farms to visit, but this property of an Oregon brewery offers a unique farm stay location.
- Figs, a love story (Part I): Figs? Yes, figs.
- Figs, a love story (Part II): Staying with fig farmers offers outstanding opportunities.
This blog post was first published in January 2011. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.