- San Francisco firefighter Ian Derammelaere—the first AAA Rescuer of the Month—helped save a motorist after a life-threatening crash. Despite her severe injuries, the young woman he rescued has fully recovered and returned to college. To learn more about Derammelaere’s bravery, and to nominate a rescuer of your own, visit AAA.com/rescuer.
- You’ll save up to $32 when you buy a AAA gift membership for a friend or family member by Dec. 31. Skip the $17 enrollment fee and save $5 to $15 on membership dues. For details, visit your nearest AAA branch; find a location at AAA.com/findus.
- Starting this fall, your AAA bill has a fresh look. You’ll receive the bright, easy-to-read notice about six weeks before the expiration date shown on your membership card. Save $5 on next year’s dues when you sign up for automatic renewal.
- More than 200,000 U.S. commuters choose a motorcycle or scooter for their daily ride—an economical option. Visit AAA.com/insurance for a quote to insure your scooter, motorcycle, collector car, or other specialty vehicle.
- 63: Percentage of U.S. drivers who say that GPS has led them astray. Get backup maps at a AAA branch, or create a TripTik routing at AAA.com/gps.
- Avoid using cruise control on wet roads; you’ll be better able to react if the car’s wheels unexpectedly lose traction.
This article was first published in November 2013. Some facts may have aged gracelessly. Please call ahead to verify information.